The Altis v4+ is well known device used by many R/C modellers as competition altimeter, recording altimeter or telemetry altimeter/vario.
- It supports all current electric sailplane competition formats like F5J, ALES several local formats RCEV, F5J Greek, but also w/o electric motors sailplanes like F3J/F3B with additional tow hook sensor.
- Integrated Flash memory with 4MB of capacity allows to record several hours of flight for later review in Altis Flight manager PC Application.
- Additional connectivity of Altis V4+ device makes from Altis v4+ perfect telemetry altimeter with precise Vario. AerobTec is now supporting telemetry for JETI Model, Futaba, Multiplex, Graupner, FrSky, Hitec, Spektrum.
(* Only with external AerobTec Power Sensor
|row 1, cell 3|
The Altis v4 can be used as high precision altimeter and fast reacting vario. Also several additional (temperature, atmospheric pressure, F5J altitude) information can be send trough telemetry link of your favourite R/C System.
Table of currently supported R/C Systems
|Brand||Altitude||Vario||Temperature||Atmospheric Pressure||F5J Altitude||Note|
|JETI||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Works with both old style Jeti telemetry and Jeti EX|
|Multiplex MSB||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Altis v4 uses fixed MSB addresses see Multiplex section lower|
Altis V4 an be connected into Multiplex MLink telemetry receivers directly trough COMA or COMB ports on Altis v4.
|F5J Altitude [m]||2|
|Altis supply Voltage [V]||6|
|Throttle Input [us]||7|
|Throttle Output [us]||8|
There are several types of firmware available for Altis v4 device.
- The most generic firmware is so-called standard firmware. This firmware allows users to changed every settings they want so there is no restriction in functionality of device itself. This type of firmware is not allowed for some official sailplane contests (FAI for example). Typical numbering of this firmware is x.y where x can be from 1 to 4 and y from 0 to 9
- F5J FAI firmware is certified firmware by World Air Sports Federation (FAI) for official F5J FAI contests. User can changed only logging settings other settings including telemetry are blocked by this firmware to fulfill FAI ARMT device specification. Typical numbering of this firmware is 5.y where y can be from 0 to 9.